CA Nimsoft Service Desk >Service Catalog & Request Management
Request Management & Catalog
The most visible component of many service desks is the end user portal. CA Nimsoft Service Desk makes it easy for end users to help themselves in many cases. And, when they cannot, it provides an easy way for them to submit requests for service management through a visual catalog request system
End users can see announcements and make requests via the request catalog in their service center
CA Nimsoft Service Desk allows your end users to submit requests and report issues, either online or via email. Types of requests include:
- Service restoration
- Standard changes
- Access to a particular service defined in the service catalog
Optimizing the Efficiency of Service Management Request Submission and Response
The Service Catalog module uses ticket templates as the basis for the customer facing service request catalog so that users can easily enter requests in a well qualified manner. This allows for a quick turnaround for the customer and increased efficiency at the service desk because required information is already populated in the request.
The Request Management module uses the built-in, configurable workflow engine to automatically route all tickets to the appropriate group or technician based on a combination of the requester's info, ticket info, or time of creation. Even e-mail requests can be routed based on text embedded in the subject line or other aspects of the message.
Request Management Through Service Catalog Makes for Efficient Service
With the service catalog and request management capabilities in CA Nimsoft Service Desk, your organization can gain a range of benefits:
- Improve consistency and quality of service by applying service levels to fulfillment processes.
- Improve processing efficiency of user service requests through service catalog and templates.
- Reduce costs through self service and automated intake and routing.
- Increase customer satisfaction thanks to clear communication with the end users.
Manage Requests through a Service Catalog
The solution's service management catalog and request management functions ensure that your users can interact well with your service management team. It allows you to:
- Deliver request support and management over the Web.
- Support multiple organizations, vendors, sites, locations, or departments through multi-tenant support and partitioning, which allows different locations or organizations to control their own configuration, such as settings, workflow, SLAs, and service catalog.
- Fill in default values for users with service request templates.
- Leverage automated classification and routing of messages.
- Display important crisis alerts to end users with announcements.
- Create and manage requests through e-mail.
- Create tickets from incoming email, including attachments.
- Support for multiple attachments on tickets, contacts, solutions, organizations and configuration items (CIs).
- Email users requesting they confirm the closing of the request, otherwise close within three business days.
- Define and route requests to various queues.
- Automatically communicate to the requester, owners or management based on actions taken on a ticket via Web or email.
- Support multiple time zones, so users can see data in their local time zones.
- Support group and configuration item business hours.