CA Nimsoft Service Desk > Problem Management
CA Nimsoft Service Desk includes an ITIL-based Problem Management module to help you move beyond reactive error correction. With CA Nimsoft Service Desk, your team can identify the underlying cause of service issues and effectively implement corrective service management actions to prevent recurrences and eliminate the impact of these issues on the business.
CA Nimsoft Service Desk introduces a global issue feature, which allows you to relate multiple incidents to one problem, helping to avoid wasted effort and ensure the efficiency of your staff as they resolve the issues.
The global issue feature also includes the workflow necessary to close all related incidents and send out the appropriate notifications as they are managed to resolution.
Extensive, flexible search capabilities help analysts do problem research
Problem Management Ties to Full Service Desk
The Problem Management module ties to the rest of the CA Nimsoft Service Desk and lets you:
- Initiate a pre-populated problem from incident.
- Associate multiple incidents to a single problem.
- Graphical view of related CI's to affected service
- Add analysis on root cause, impact, and more.
- Add workaround, solutions, or known-error information.
Problem Management Reduces Future Issues
With problem management capabilities from CA Nimsoft Service Desk, your organization can gain a range of benefits to its service management:
- Identifies recurring or ongoing IT issues to keep business services running efficiently.
- Increases efficiency by linking multiple incidents to a single problem, including the workflow necessary to close all related incidents and send out the appropriate notifications.