CA Nimsoft Service Desk > Knowledge Management
An effective service desk can add enormous value to your organization. By capturing organizational best practices, you can lower the costs associated with service disruptions, resolve issues and conflicts faster, and improve the quality of decision making processes.
The Knowledge Management module improves the quality of decision making throughout the enterprise by ensuring that optimal, and vetted, information is readily available to resolve service issues.
Top rated knowledge entries shown
Knowledge base articles can be queried from tickets—or via the global search function—to assist in resolving issues or conflicts through the use of optimal service management practices. You can use the knowledge base as a resource for FAQs, how-to procedures, run books, and more. Role-based permissions also help to ensure that the best solutions are available to your agents.
In addition, the Knowledge Management module provides capabilities for reporting on the effectiveness of the knowledge articles in production. Both end-users and agents are given the opportunity to rate articles as having solved a problem, allowing the knowledge manager to report on and improve the effectiveness of the knowledge that has been published.
Get the Right Information to Your Team Through Knowledge Management
The Knowledge Management module is tightly linked with the other processes to let your team:
- Easily search for knowledge articles within an open ticket.
- Automatically display the relevant KB articles based on ticket classification and description to the analyst.
- Focus on the most relevant solutions through nested category search criteria.
- Add unlimited keyword search terms to articles.
- Import contents of the knowledge article directly into the ticket—including cause, resolution, classification fields, and attachments—to speed record keeping.
- Create a knowledge base article with one click by using existing resolved ticket content.
- Track used solutions automatically for reporting on the most effective entries.
- Use ticket description and classification to automatically populate the search criteria when searching KB within a ticket.
- Define frequently asked questions (FAQs) and make available to end users.
- Set permissions on KB articles to ensure that they are used by the right level staff or end user.
- Support bulk import of existing or purchased solution content, which is integrated into the common index.
Knowledge Management Improves Efficiency
With the Knowledge Management module, your organization can gain a range of benefits to your service management:
- Optimal information is available at your fingertips to aid in resolving service issues in a timely and efficient manner based on proven experience.
- Tight integration ensures quick and timely access.
- Improved service quality by giving technicians and end users easy access to the knowledge base.