CA Nimsoft Service Desk > Incident Management
Incident management is the first thing most people think of when it comes to a service desk. Without effective and efficient process support in this area, your service desk staff will waste time and effort just "keeping the lights on".
CA Nimsoft Service Desk includes an ITIL-based Incident Management module. Pre-packaged workflows make it easy to identify, register, prioritize, categorize, and track incidents reported to your service desk. These pre-packaged solutions provide the ability to use optimum service management techniques to effectively manage the entire lifecycle of an incident, from detection through closure.
Analysts also take advantage of the new user experience including looking at and filtering their queue.
Automation Enables Efficient Handling
CA Nimsoft Service Desk makes incident creation and management simple and efficient. Incidents can be generated manually by service desk staff or users visiting the self-service portal. In addition, incidents can be automatically generated by CA Nimsoft Monitor or user email.
Once created, pre-configured incident models equip service desk personnel with pre-defined steps to handle many kinds of incidents. This helps to ensure that common incidents are handled efficiently, effectively, and within the defined timeframes.
Because it is tied to the Knowledge Management module, the Incident Management module gives you proven, knowledge-driven support to help technicians solve cases more rapidly and efficiently. This also leads to a significant increase in first contact resolution and improves the time it takes to achieve service management resolution.
Incident Management Ensures You Resolve Issues Efficiently Let automation and process workflow help you manage your incident management process.
- Incident models automate standard incident processes.
- Self-service view for end user submission.
- Automatic incident routing and assignment—based on ticket content, timeframes, and location.
- Dynamic incident form templates based on request categories (show/hide fields).
- Prepopulated incident templates can submit default values into fields.
- Link similar incidents to close all related tickets when the main global ticket is closed.
- Set status (such as active, pending, or closed) via one-click actions.
- Classify impact, urgency, and priority.
- Configurable fields requiring analysts to fill in before saving ticket or moving to next stage.
- Time tracking throughout ticket lifecycle.
- Full audit trail of ticket to track actions, communications, work log entries, and assignments—all by username and date/time.
Incident Management Boosts Service Levels
With the Incident Management module, your organization can gain a range of benefits to its service management:
- Increased Efficiency Our tightly integrated Incident & Knowledge Management modules provide knowledge-driven support to help technicians solve cases rapidly and more intelligently.
- Accelerated Resolution Prebuilt incident templates significantly increase your technicians' first contact resolution rates and improves time to resolution.
- Improve Workflow that Enhances Efficiency and Quality Using predefined templates and action-based workflow ensures that analysts are able to follow the correct process and deliver expected service levels.