CA Nmsoft Service Desk > Change Management
CA Nimsoft Service Desk features a Change Management module that allows your service desk to evaluate, prioritize, plan, test, document, and implement change requests through the organization—and to do so following ITIL best practices. This service management module ensures that standardized procedures are used for highly efficient, rapid processing of changes, which enables beneficial changes to be made with minimal disruptions to IT services.
Approvals are driven by classification of tickets and configuration items related to the change request to ensure that the correct personnel are notified and can plan the change in a way that benefits the business. Change calendars within CA Nimsoft Service Desk allow change planners, and ultimately the change advisory board (CAB), to see changes at a high level, determine priority, and resolve conflicts between scheduled changes.
See upcoming changes from change calendar.
Manage Changes within Service Desk
The Change Management module within CA Nimsoft Service Desk helps you ensure that changes are properly planned, approved, and executed, offering the following capabilities for your service management plan:
- Initiate change requests from incidents or problems.
- Associate multiple incidents or problems to a change.
- Define and create change advisory boards (CABs).
- Send for approval to CAB members based on such change ticket content as change type and risk assessment, through configurable approval rules.
- Complete audit trail of activity on change including assignments, approvals, work logs, actions, and communications.
- Notify change owners, approvers, reviewers, and requester on updates to change ticket.
- Support for stale items to be picked up by approver engine and notify appropriate individuals.
- Submit approval decision with comments via Web interface or email.
- Identify assets/CIs and services that may be affected.
- Schedule changes on change calendar.
- Process to manage releases and rollouts separately from changes.
- Schedule releases.
- Seek approval for releases.
- Add and assign task for releases.
Change Management Helps You Be Agile
With the Change Management module, your organization can gain a range of benefits for its service management:
- Enable beneficial changes to be made with minimal disruptions to IT services by using standardized procedures for highly efficient, rapid processing of changes.
- Allow your service desk to evaluate, prioritize, plan, test, document, and implement change requests through the organization.
- Gain efficiency in CAB meetings through electronic voting for most changes.
- Meet objectives for SOX, PCI, and other compliance requirements.