Server > Linux/UNIX
Given all the applications and users that count on your servers every day, you can’t take chances with their performance. With CA Nimsoft Monitor for UNIX and Linux Servers you get the practical monitoring insights you need to sustain peak server performance.
CA Nimsoft Monitor equips you with comprehensive views of the entire server infrastructure, including CPU, disk, memory, processes, and log files. Plus, the solution features broad support for multiple versions of UNIX and Linux, including Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Sinix, and Tru64 UNIX.
UNIX and Linux Server Monitoring that Fuels Practical Insights
CA Nimsoft Monitor for UNIX and Linux servers offers broad coverage of these areas in your server environments:
- CPU, disk, and memory. CA Nimsoft Monitor tracks key system components, such as CPUs, disks, and memory to detect critical bottlenecks before they can have an impact on system performance.
- Processes. The solution collects information on system, application, and network processes. If a process starts to fail or stops unexpectedly, automated recovery and restart procedures or alarms can be triggered.
- Log files. CA Nimsoft Monitor scans ASCII-based log files and extracts pre-defined information automatically, eliminating the need for time consuming and inherently error-prone manual analysis of log files.
Turn Monitoring Insights into Business Benefits
Deploy CA Nimsoft Monitor and enjoy these benefits:
- Increase the productivity of your IT resources.
- Consolidate system resources and distribute load evenly.
- Improve response times and end-user productivity.
Extensive Linux and UNIX Server Monitoring Coverage
CA Nimsoft Monitor for UNIX and Linux Servers offers coverage of these areas:
CPU, Disk, and Memory
- Computer Uptime
- Individual CPU Usage
- CPU Usage
- Disk Usage
- Disk Usage (%)
- Inode Usage
- Memory Paging
- Memory Usage in percent
- Physical Memory Usage
- Physical Memory Usage (%)
- Swap Memory Usage
- Swap Memory Usage (%)
- Memory Usage
- Processor Queue Length
- Folder Availability
- Process CPU usage
- Process Memory Usage
- Logmon Variable
- logging data to present in dashboard
- Page Count
- Page Count
- Disk Availability
- Sparc 32 bit and 64-bit: 8, 9, 10
- x86: 10
- PA-RISC, 32 bit and 64 bit, Itanium 64 bit: 11.1/.2/.3
- X86: Glibc ≥ 2.1
- X86, 64 bit: Glibc ≥ 2.3
- PowerPC, 64 bit: Glibc ≥ 2.3
- PowerPC 32 bit: 5.2, 5.3
- PowerPC 64 bit: 5.2, 5.3, 6.1
- Alpha: 4.5
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to CA Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance
“We initially selected CA Nimsoft because of its robust and easy-to-deploy support of our VMware infrastructure. As we consider new applications and services in SaaS and cloud environments, it’s great to know that we can make these choices without requiring any new investment in monitoring products.”
– Dave Potter
Director of IT Infrastructure at Casual Male