Server > IBM Power Systems
IBM Power Systems
IBM Power Systems servers (formerly AS/400 and iSeries) represent a foundational technology for your organization. To maximize the performance and availability of these critical servers your team needs comprehensive, accurate, and actionable data. Trust CA Nimsoft Monitor to get you the information you need, when you need it.
CA Nimsoft Monitor for IBM Power Systems servers gives you maximum visibility into Power Systems environments, automating the monitoring of message queues and log files, jobs, and directory and file integrity. In addition, the solution monitors a range of system statistics, including processing unit, storage, users, and more.
Power Systems Monitoring that Yields Practical Insights
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers coverage of these elements of the Power Systems environment:
- Message queues.
CA Nimsoft Monitor gives you automated system message queue monitoring and flexible notification options, so your administrators are notified when they need to be.
- Log files and text files.
CA Nimsoft Monitor makes it fast and efficient to monitor log files and ensure your administrators are notified if they need to preempt or rectify an issue.
- File and directories.
CA Nimsoft Monitor enables you to immediately identify if unauthorized changes are made to system directories and files.
CA Nimsoft Monitor enables you to quickly determine whether jobs are running and to measure the number of instances of a particular job. If your administrators spot an issue that needs further inspection, CA Nimsoft Monitor makes it easy to drill down and get additional details.
CA Nimsoft Monitor gathers a wealth of statistics that detail system performance.
Turn Monitoring Insights into Business Benefits
Deploy CA Nimsoft Monitor and enjoy these benefits:
- Increase the productivity of your IT resources.
- Consolidate system resources and distribute load evenly.
- Improve response times and end-user productivity.
Extensive IBM Power Systems Monitoring Coverage
CA Nimsoft Monitor can generate alarm messages and archive sample values for any of the following Power Systems statistics:
- job cpu usage
- job instances
- job processing units used
- job tmp storage used
- current active in job queue
- jobq instances
- jobs in job queue
- max active in job queue
- scheduled job execution time
- number of files in queue
- active jobs in system
- batch jobs held on job queue
- batch jobs running
- batch jobs waiting for messages
- batch jobs waiting for messages
- current unprotected storage used
- jobs in system
- permanent addresses
- processing units used
- system ASP used
- pool size
- system ASP
- total auxilary storage
- users disconnected
- users signed on
Operating System Support
CA Nimsoft Monitor supports Power Systems servers running on the IBM i operating system.
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to CA Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance
“We initially selected CA Nimsoft because of its robust and easy-to-deploy support of our VMware infrastructure. As we consider new applications and services in SaaS and cloud environments, it’s great to know that we can make these choices without requiring any new investment in monitoring products.”
– Dave Potter
Director of IT Infrastructure at Casual Male