Network > SNMP
Your SNMP-enabled routers, switches, servers, appliances, environmental devices, and printers are business critical. Quite simply, if one of these devices fails to perform, so does your business.
CA Nimsoft Monitor for SNMP polls MIB objects—giving you the comprehensive, actionable information you need to maximize infrastructure and application up time.
Monitoring Visibility into Any SNMP-enabled Device
CA Nimsoft Monitor is a V1, V2c, and V3 compliant SNMP trap listener and polling manager. It allows you to poll SNMP compliant devices for MIB variables and monitor objects. This enables you to immediately begin monitoring any standard or proprietary SNMP device—without having to wait for a third party to package custom MIBs on your behalf.
With CA Nimsoft Monitor, SNMP alerts can be customized into actionable, user-friendly messages. Polled MIB data is stored in our historical PMDB, which can help you accelerate troubleshooting, spot trends, and create and report on SLAs.
Extensive, Flexible SNMP Monitoring
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers a range of SNMP monitoring capabilities:
SNMP Tool Kit + browser
- Rapidly create + enable custom SNMP-based monitoring for any device type you need to monitor.
- Configure unique polling requirements per MIB object.
- Supports dynamic SNMP Tables with flexible indexing.
- Browse MIBs to rapidly manage the variables on any SNMP-compliant device.
- Enable SLA creation, monitoring, and reporting on any polled MIB.
SNMP Trap Receiver
- Receive SNMP traps from network devices, including routers, switches, servers, and printers.
SNMP Trap Sniffer
- Watch network in promiscuous mode to see all SNMP traps on the network wire.
3rd Party Network Management System SNMP Gateway
- Easily integrate with other network and server management solutions.
- Transform CA Nimsoft alarm messages to SNMP trap messages that can be read by any SNMP-based event manager.
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to CA Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance
“We initially selected CA Nimsoft because of its robust and easy-to-deploy support of our VMware infrastructure. As we consider new applications and services in SaaS and cloud environments, it’s great to know that we can make these choices without requiring any new investment in monitoring products.”
– Dave Potter
Director of IT Infrastructure at Casual Male