Network > Flow Analysis
Your organization’s IP traffic represents the lifeblood of the organization, the transmission of data used to book orders, communicate, collaborate, conduct research and much more. That’s why tracking and analyzing network flow data—such as NetFlow, IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX), sFlow, Jflow and other protocols—is so critical.
CA Nimsoft Monitor for Flow Analysis helps you leverage IP traffic information in your organization, so you can better understand usage patterns, manage workloads and resources and improve service levels. CA Nimsoft Monitor makes it easy to visualize where the main network traffic flows are, assess performance data from different angles and drill down to get the specific data you need to make the most informed decisions.
Robust alerting and reporting
CA Nimsoft Monitor provides the reporting and alerting that helps you make the most of your flow data—offering these capabilities:
- Flexible filtering. With CA Nimsoft Monitor, you can view top conversations on an interface as well as traffic by interface/host, interface/application, host/application and more.
- Convenient alert delivery. CA Nimsoft Monitor makes it easy to set thresholds, and to receive alerts however you prefer, whether on your mobile device, via email or through SMS.
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers the scalability to collect network flow data from across your environment. Each CA Nimsoft Monitor server and collector can track monitoring data from up to 500 interfaces, and it’s easy to add capacity as needed. Plus, the solution can retain up to 30 days of network flow data, providing you with the longer term information you need to spot trends and preempt potential issues.
Unified infrastructure coverage
With CA Nimsoft Monitor, you get the coverage you need to not only track network flow data from a range of vendors—including Cisco, Juniper, Ericsson and 3Com/HP—but to monitor and manage the performance of the entire network ecosystem:
- Network infrastructure. CA Nimsoft Monitor can track Cisco VoIP, QoS and IPSLA; network response; routers; switches and SNMP-compliant devices.
- Root cause analysis (RCA) and topology management. CA Nimsoft Monitor can automatically create a topology of your network and provide intuitive, at-a-glance dashboards that enable fast analysis of network and system issues.
- End-to-end response time monitoring. CA Nimsoft Monitor offers synthetic transaction capabilities that enable you to measure the end-to-end response times of a range of transactions from the perspective of your end users.
With CA Nimsoft Monitor, you can:
- Optimize infrastructure performance. Leverage powerful trending reports to more fully utilize existing resources, better allocate workloads and more effectively prepare for future requirements.
- Speed troubleshooting. With CA Nimsoft Monitor, you get the timely alerts, comprehensive coverage, and detailed performance views that enable your team to more quickly spot and fix issues.
- Boost security. The solution provides the insights needed to detect the new influx of traffic associated with malware and DDOS attacks, identify unsecured communications and spot the large movements of data that can characterize security breaches.
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers support for the following versions of flow data:
- NetFlow, versions 5, 7 and 9
- IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to CA Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance
“In order to ensure the excellence of our enGARDE Managed Service offerings, MSN Communications has to keep a close eye on the behavior of our customer’s applications across the network. The new capabilities of CA Nimsoft Monitor enable us to do this by providing rich application level visibility into real-time network performance and utilization.”
Managed Services Practice Mgr