Database > Oracle DB
Your organization’s most critical applications and business services rely on Oracle databases. CA Nimsoft Monitor for Oracle helps ensure your databases, and the associated infrastructure, deliver the performance you need.
A central aggregation point of vital data and processing, your Oracle databases represent a critical component within the IT environment. With CA Nimsoft Monitor for Oracle, you get the timely, intuitive, and comprehensive insights needed to maximize Oracle performance and availability. Plus, CA Nimsoft Monitor offers the actionable response monitoring data you need to knowledgeably track the service levels and response times delivered by associated applications.
Extensive Coverage that Yields Fast Insights
- Comprehensive Oracle coverage.
CA Nimsoft Monitor gives you a comprehensive view of your entire Oracle infrastructure, whether you’re looking to monitor a single database instance on a single server, or multiple instances on multiple server clusters. CA Nimsoft Monitor allows you to manage both local and remote database servers, so your Oracle instances operate at peak efficiency, regardless of their location.
- Fast insights.
With its centralized view of all Oracle instances, CA Nimsoft Monitor enables you to quickly get the insights you need to optimize the performance and availability of your entire Oracle infrastructure.
- Efficient deployment and administration.
CA Nimsoft Monitor makes setup and configuration fast and efficient. Using a standard interface, you can quickly define which database servers and instances are to be monitored, and how they’re to be monitored. Further, CA Nimsoft Monitor features templates that administrators can use to simplify configuration and automate ongoing administration tasks, significantly streamlining monitoring administration of large numbers of Oracle servers.
The Power of Comprehensive Oracle Monitoring
- Improved performance and uptime.
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers extensive monitoring and alerting capabilities that accelerate the identification of performance issues—enabling response before end user productivity is affected. Plus, with our PMDB, you can also track key historical performance metrics to intelligently assess performance trends and more effectively guard against potential issues.
- Enhanced resource optimization.
By delivering a centralized, comprehensive view of performance, CA Nimsoft Monitor delivers invaluable insights into opportunities for better utilizing your existing resources.
- Reduced monitoring administration cost and effort.
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers the flexibility, automation, and intuitive interface that significantly reduces the time and effort required to monitor Oracle database environments.
Extensive Oracle Monitoring
CA Nimsoft Monitor for Oracle provides coverage of these metrics:
- Available free space
- Available continuous free space
- Tablespace fragmentation
- Status of tablespace
- Status of rollback segments and waits in them
- Status of data file(s)
Status of individual tables:
- Amount of extents
- Amount of chained rows
SGA (System Global Area):
- Buffer cache hit ratio
- Dictionary cache hit ratio
- Library cache hit ratio
- Available free memory
- Sort ratio, disk vs. memory
Oracle user sessions:
- Number of connected users to the database through SQL Net
- Amount of memory consumed by session
Oracle internal alerts through alertlogfile:
- License high watermark
- Internal error messages
- Redo log contention
Database objects state:
- Objects with invalid state (triggers, procedures and views)
- Invalid indexes
- Database objects that cannot expand
- Oracle internal resource monitoring
- Multiple Oracle server monitoring
- DB knowledge base
- Easy to extend the Database Assistance Knowledge Base being used by operators and administrators when retrieving/ analyzing the Oracle health report.
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to CA Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance
“We initially selected CA Nimsoft because of its robust and easy-to-deploy support of our VMware infrastructure. As we consider new applications and services in SaaS and cloud environments, it’s great to know that we can make these choices without requiring any new investment in monitoring products.”
– Dave Potter
Director of IT Infrastructure at Casual Male