Cloud > Vblock
Comprehensive Monitoring of Vblock™ Infrastructure Platforms
Created by a joint coalition of Cisco, EMC, and VMware, Virtual Computing Environment (VCE) Vblock™ Infrastructure Platforms are a pre-integrated, pre-tested set of IT solutions that include processing, storage, virtualization, and networking infrastructures. Given their pre-packaged, virtualized nature, Vblock platforms pose unique, unprecedented monitoring challenges.
CA Nimsoft Monitor for Vblock delivers the comprehensive coverage, automation, and intuitive insights you need to effectively monitor, manage, and optimize your Vblock environments. CA Nimsoft Monitor offers end-to-end performance and availability monitoring of all the physical and virtual elements in Vblock platforms—providing the insights you need to prevent outages before they happen and quickly remediate problems when they occur.
Unparalleled Capabilities for Effective, Efficient Vblock Monitoring
CA Nimsoft Monitor gives you a host of sophisticated and flexible features that are ideally suited to monitoring Vblock platforms:
- Automation. CA Nimsoft Monitor offers automated component discovery as well as automated monitoring configuration, deployment, reporting, and displays—capabilities that make it practical and efficient to track dynamic Vblock environments.
- Comprehensive infrastructure coverage. CA Nimsoft Monitor provides coverage for all physical and virtual elements in Vblock environments—including chassis, fabric interconnects, Cisco UCS, VMware, EMC storage, and more.
- Timely insights for proactive management. With CA Nimsoft Monitor, you get the insights you need to quickly identify the source of an issue, no matter where in the infrastructure it resides, to minimize outages and outage duration. Plus, it enables you to forecast trends, identify potential issues, and take steps to prevent them—before they affect users.
Following is more information about some of the leading capabilities of CA Nimsoft Monitor:
CA Nimsoft Monitor delivers these capabilities:
- Automatic component discovery and topology creation.
- Automatic discovery of physical and virtual elements.
- Automatic monitoring configuration and deployment based on flexible templates.
- Automatic display of timely, accurate monitoring data.
- Automatic adjustment of monitoring in response to physical and virtual environment changes.
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers comprehensive coverage of the following:
- Vblock packages. CA Nimsoft Monitor supports the following Vblock Infrastructure Platforms: 0, 1, 1U, 300, and 700.
- Vblock components. With this solution, you can monitor Cisco UCS and Cisco Network components, EMC storage elements, VMware virtualization, and more.
- Physical elements. CA Nimsoft Monitor tracks historical operations and current environmental status of physical elements, including fans and fan modules, power supply units, chassis modules, fabric interconnects, and IO modules. In addition, the solution offers basic environmental monitoring of blade interfaces, processors, memory arrays, storage units, storage configurations, and more.
- Associated applications. CA Nimsoft Monitor enables you to track enterprise applications and services, Web application environments, database applications, and more.
Capabilities for Turning Data into Useful Insights
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers both pre-packaged and customizable dashboards and reports that deliver timely, intuitive insights in a range of areas:
- Over / under subscription management.
- Usage metering.
- Business service and SLA monitoring.
With the solution’s APIs and built-in gateways, you can integrate Vblock platform monitoring with your data center tools and wider environment.
With CA Nimsoft Monitor, your organization can enjoy these benefits:
Improve Availability and Performance
- Ensure optimal service levels for mission-critical applications hosted within the Vblock platform.
- Quickly identify problems across the entire Vblock environment for rapid outage resolution.
- Prevent downtime, reduce outage duration, and improve SLA compliance with predictive monitoring and real-time, well-correlated alerts.
Streamline Monitoring Administration
- Eliminate the overhead and expense of manual monitoring configuration and deployment—through sophisticated monitoring automation.
- Streamline monitoring administration with a single view and tool set that monitors Vblock platforms, data centers, and cloud environments.
Optimize Resource Utilization and Business Performance
- Turn IT monitoring data into a dollars and cents conversation.
- Optimize Vblock resource allocation.
- Leverage usage information in order to better track and demonstrate the business value of Vblock platform investments.
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to CA Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance
“CA Nimsoft has helped us shift from being a reactive environment, where someone notifies us of a problem, to a proactive service, where we are notified of issues that may arise before they happen. Overall, we are very pleased with the simplicity of the CA Nimsoft setup, the extreme ease of use and their great breadth of features.”
– Jeff Letasse
Senior IT Director of Conceptus