Cloud > FlexPod
Complete Availability and Performance Monitoring of FlexPod for VMware Environments
Converged infrastructure stacks like FlexPod for VMware represent a complete data center in a box. A collaborative offering from NetApp and Cisco, FlexPod for VMware is a fully integrated and validated solution that features computing, networking, storage, virtualization, and infrastructure software components.
CA Nimsoft Monitor for FlexPod equips your organization with comprehensive, end-to-end performance and availability monitoring for all of the physical and virtual elements in this environment. The solution gives you the insights you need to quickly remediate problems when they occur—and to prevent outages from happening in the first place.
CA Nimsoft Monitor for FlexPod is a sophisticated and flexible solution that delivers:
- Automated component discovery as well as automated monitoring configuration, deployment, reporting, and display—capabilities essential for aligning with the “self-service” and automated nature of FlexPod for VMware implementations.
- Real-time views of the VMware virtual environment, correlated with monitoring of physical elements.
- Pre-configured alarm and alert settings, quality of service settings, dashboards, and more.
- Capabilities for proactive outage prevention–enabling your administrators to forecast trends, identify potential issues, and take steps to prevent them—before they affect users.
- Features that speed troubleshooting and minimize outage duration—offering intuitive dashboards, automatically generated list views, and automatically applied monitoring templates.
Using the solution’s advanced functionality, you can also:
- Ensure optimal service levels for applications hosted within the FlexPod environment, leveraging a complete view of underlying infrastructure as well as application performance.
- Better track and demonstrate the business value delivered from the FlexPod environment with usage metering.
Complete FlexPod Coverage
The solution offers extensive monitoring coverage of these FlexPod components:
- Virtualization elements, including VMware vSphere and VMware vCenter
- Cisco Unified Computing System and Cisco Nexus family switches
- NetApp FAS
Extensive FlexPod Monitoring of the Physical Infrastructure
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers comprehensive historical operation and environmental status of physical elements, including:
- Fans and fan modules
- Power supply units
- Chassis modules
- Fabric interconnects
- IO module
The solution also offers basic environmental monitoring of an array of additional elements, including:
- Blade interfaces
- Memory arrays
- Storage units
- Storage configurations
Unified View of the Broader Data Center and the Cloud
CA Nimsoft Monitor gives you a unified, single console that enables you to track the FlexPod environment, as well as these systems and services:
- Enterprise applications
- Web application environments
- Database applications
- Public cloud environments
- Other converged infrastructure stacks like Vblock
In addition, CA Nimsoft Monitor offers the APIs and built-in gateways that enable efficient integration with data center tools and other systems and services.
Sophisticated FlexPod Monitoring Automation
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers a host of capabilities that significantly streamline FlexPod monitoring administration:
- Automatically discovers physical and virtual elements.
- Automatically configures and deploys monitoring based on flexible templates and automated configuration settings.
- Automatically displays timely, accurate monitoring data.
- Automatically adjusts monitoring to physical and virtual environment changes.
Extensive, Intuitive Usage and Service Level Insights
The solution offers a host of capabilities for turning monitoring data into actionable insights:
- Tracking whether elements are over or under subscribed.
- Granular usage metering that allows to understand infrastructure consumption by clients or groups.
- Business service and SLA monitoring.
The Power of a Unified View of FlexPod Environments
- Quickly identify problems across FlexPod deployments and the wider data center for rapid outage resolution.
- Improve SLA compliance with predictive monitoring and real time, well correlated alerts that prevent downtime and reduce outage duration.
- Eliminate the overhead and expense of manual monitoring configuration and deployment.
- Turn performance and availability information into a dollars and cents conversation.
- Optimize FlexPod resource allocation to make the best use of your IT investments.
- Streamline monitoring administration with a single view and tool set.
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to CA Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance
“CA Nimsoft has helped us shift from being a reactive environment, where someone notifies us of a problem, to a proactive service, where we are notified of issues that may arise before they happen. Overall, we are very pleased with the simplicity of the CA Nimsoft setup, the extreme ease of use and their great breadth of features.”
– Jeff Letasse
Senior IT Director of Conceptus