Application > SAP
SAP Monitoring from CA Nimsoft Monitor
Comprehensive coverage of all SAP Basis events and core components
Your business depends on SAP systems. When performance suffers, critical business functions, such as order-to-cash or financial close, can slow to a crawl or even halt completely. With CA Nimsoft Monitor for SAP, your administrators gain the insights they need to quickly identify and preempt performance degrading issues—before they have an impact on critical business services.
CA Nimsoft Monitor gives you comprehensive coverage of all SAP Basis events and core components, and of the entire IT infrastructure. CA Nimsoft Monitor offers the targeted and flexible SAP monitoring your IT group needs to quickly identify and prevent problems across your organization’s entire SAP environment. Developed by AGENTIL, a CA Nimsoft Unified Monitoring Alliance Partner and SAP Service Partner, CA Nimsoft Monitor for SAP Basis provides comprehensive monitoring of all SAP Basis events and core components—so you gain the insights you need to optimize the performance of your SAP-powered business.
Delivering the SAP Monitoring Views You Need
CA Nimsoft Monitor gives you these critical capabilities:
- A consolidated view of SAP environments.
CA Nimsoft Monitor provides consolidated, secure, and agentless access to key performance indicators (KPIs) within SAP. This automated process eliminates the need for Basis administrators to log into multiple locations to manually run and analyze SAP performance traces.
- Support for data security and regulatory compliance.
CA Nimsoft Monitor connects to the SAP system with a dedicated SAP authorization profile. This, along with the controls found in CA Nimsoft Unified Management Portal, allows you to safely enable SAP performance from anywhere in the world by internal or third-party resources—without risking unauthorized access to confidential data.
- Seamless deployment.
CA Nimsoft Monitor uses standard SAP-approved communication protocols (SAP Remote Function Calls) to retrieve performance information, and the flexible CA Nimsoft message bus to transport it. Together, these capabilities reduce the risk of communication issues and ensure seamless monitoring of future SAP releases.
- Historical views of performance.
Because CA Nimsoft Monitor stores performance data over time, your IT administrators gain a baseline of normal SAP performance across network, storage, operating system, database, and ABAP application tiers. When cyclical workloads, such as financial close, degrade performance, IT can more easily spot trends to proactively increase capacity or reschedule jobs to alleviate bottlenecks.
SAP Monitoring Insights that Fuel Business Optimization
With CA Nimsoft Monitor, your organization can realize a host of benefits:
- Quickly identify problems—even in large SAP environments.
- Prevent downtime and ensure SLA compliance.
- Enjoy improved SAP performance and response times.
- Streamline implementation through deep SAP integration.
- Reduce setup time with a preconfigured library of monitors and thresholds.
SAP Monitoring for Basis Events and Core Components
Out of the box, CA Nimsoft Monitor gives you coverage of several critical SAP Performance Trace transactions, including:
- Update requests (SM13)
- SAP system performance (ST03)
- SAP dispatcher (SM50)
- System log message (SM21)
- SAP memory (ST02)
- Application servers—message server (SM51)
- Transactional RFC (SM58, SMQ1, SMQ2, SMRQ, SMQS)
- Queued RFC (SMQ1, SMQ2, SMRQ, SMQS)
- CCMS (RZ20)
- Background jobs (SM37)
- SAP database server monitor and administration (DB2)
- DBA planning calendar (DB13)
- Backup status (DB14)
- Gateway (SMGW)
- Printing—spool errors (SP01—SPAD)
- Logon groups (SMLG)
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to CA Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance
Customer Case Studies
“CA Nimsoft has helped us shift from being a reactive environment, where someone notifies us of a problem, to a proactive service, where we are notified of issues that may arise before they happen. Overall, we are very pleased with the simplicity of the CA Nimsoft setup, the extreme ease of use and their great breadth of features.”
– Jeff Letasse
Senior IT Director of Conceptus