Application > Apache Tomcat
Use CA Nimsoft Monitor to efficiently and effectively manage Tomcat monitoring across your large-scale, distributed environments.
Timely Tomcat Monitoring Insights that Fuel Improved Service Levels
CA Nimsoft Monitor delivers proactive monitoring and alerting capabilities that enable your administrators to:
- Detect Tomcat server problems and degradations more quickly.
- Immediately identify the source of bottlenecks and failures.
- More proactively control service levels and minimize downtime.
Simplify the Management of Large Tomcat Deployments
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers an array of features specifically designed to make it easy to configure and manage the monitoring of large, distributed Tomcat environments:
- Agentless monitoring.
Utilizing Tomcat’s native JMX interface, CA Nimsoft Monitor gathers a wealth of availability and performance metrics—without requiring any agents or other software to be added to the Web server host.
- Automatic discovery.
CA Nimsoft Monitor automatically discovers the Tomcat installation on a host machine, as well as all sub components.
- Centralized administration.
With CA Nimsoft Monitor, administrators can monitor any number of servers through a single, intuitive interface.
CA Nimsoft Monitor for Apache Tomcat can help your organization ensure it gets enterprise-grade performance and availability from all its Tomcat servers. With CA Nimsoft Monitor, you can centrally monitor any number of distributed servers, and ensure that any potential issues or irregularities are detected at the earliest possible stage.
Tomcat Monitoring that Yields Business Benefits
With CA Nimsoft Monitor for Tomcat, organizations gain a range of benefits:
- Enjoy cost and time savings through streamlined, centralized administration of complex Web environments.
- Boost operational efficiency through improved resource visibility and capacity management.
- Ensure SLA compliance of business critical services.
Extensive Tomcat Monitoring
- Requires JSR 160 and Java 1.5 or above
Tomcat Monitoring Coverage
The list of all checkpoints available with CA Nimsoft Monitor is too long to include here. Following is a subset of the list, featuring some of the more broadly relevant metrics:
- Heap Memory Usage
- Non heap Memory Usage
- Memory Pool “Eden Space”
- Memory Pool “Survivor Space”
- Memory Pool “Tenured Gen”
- Memory Pool “Code Cach”
- Memory Pool “Perm Gen”
- Number of Threads/Total Started
- Number of Threads/Peak
- Number of Threads/Live Threads
- Number of Loaded
- Classes/Total Loaded
- Number of Loaded
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to CA Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance