Application > Microsoft Lync (OCS)
Microsoft Lync (OCS)
Microsoft Lync (OCS) is a communications server that delivers the infrastructure for voice communications, instant messaging, and audio, video, and Web conferencing. Lync helps users find the people they need to interact with—and it enables them to then use the best channel for communication, whether voice, video, chat, or even sharing an application or PowerPoint slide. Once deployed, users rely on Lync continuously for their business communications and collaboration—so ensuring the high performance and continuous uptime of Lync is a vital requirement.
Microsoft Lync (OCS) Monitoring Insights that Fuel Optimized Service
With CA Nimsoft Monitor for Lync, you can automatically and comprehensively monitor the health and performance of business-critical Lync environments. With CA Nimsoft Monitor, you can gather the metrics you need to understand Lync and application performance, so you can proactively detect any issues and track utilization trends. Plus, CA Nimsoft Monitor delivers this monitoring data via intuitive alarms and reports that give you the timely insights you need to optimize the performance of Lync environments.
Comprehensive Microsoft Lync (OCS) Monitoring Coverage
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers these features:
- Web-based, real-time alarms, performance trend reporting, and SLA reporting that help ensure you get exactly the insights you need—when you need them.
- Off-the-shelf monitoring of a comprehensive range of Lync metrics, including performance counters in such areas as quality of experience, call detail records, LDM, and mediation server; event logs; Windows services; and Lync-related Windows management instrumentation.
- Easy customization options that enable you to add monitoring coverage of any Lync objects you want to track.
- Automated health checks that ensure you are consistently tracking the quality of Lync-based communications, so you can quickly be alerted if there are outages or if users are experiencing degraded performance.
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007
Microsoft Lync (OCS) Monitoring that Boosts Infrastructure and Business Performance
By equipping your organization with these robust features, CA Nimsoft Monitor delivers these benefits:
- Maximize resource utilization. CA Nimsoft Monitor equips you with the critical Lync performance metrics that enable you to understand usage and more effectively plan capacity.
- Improve performance and availability. CA Nimsoft Monitor automatically performs routine service health checks, and generates the real-time alerts that help prevent outages and performance degradation.
- Save time. With its comprehensive and automated monitoring capabilities, CA Nimsoft Monitor eliminates the need for you to have to manually sift through event logs and performance counters to track service levels and identify potential issues.
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to CA Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance
“CA Nimsoft has helped us shift from being a reactive environment, where someone notifies us of a problem, to a proactive service, where we are notified of issues that may arise before they happen. Overall, we are very pleased with the simplicity of the CA Nimsoft setup, the extreme ease of use and their great breadth of features.”
– Jeff Letasse
Senior IT Director of Conceptus