Application > Microsoft Exchange
Effective and efficient communication can mean the difference between success and failure. The ubiquitous connectivity enjoyed by telecommuters and smart-phone users has increased the real-time nature and volume of email. Maintaining the availability and performance of this critical messaging service is getting more difficult. CA Nimsoft Monitor for Microsoft Exchange offers an effective way to monitor and proactively manage the performance of Exchange.
CA Nimsoft Monitor for Microsoft Exchange takes the guesswork out of Exchange management by monitoring Exchange services, response times, and key backend performance indicators. By tracking and plotting trend reports, CA Nimsoft Monitor provides you with the insights you need to proactively address poor performance, and avoid outages. Our comprehensive array of reports makes it easy for you to assess mailbox, folder, and distribution list usage. Further, it offers a wide range of top 20 reports make it easy to identify users who are sending large messages, receiving high numbers of emails, and more.
Comprehensive Microsoft Exchange Monitoring Features
CA Nimsoft Monitor delivers an array of features that make comprehensive Exchange monitoring practical and efficient:
- Measures end-user client response-time for logon and logoff on Exchange servers.
- Measures e-mail round-trip for internal and external e-mail accounts.
- Performs Microsoft Exchange service health checks to prevent outage and degradation conditions
- Web-based real-time alarms, performance trend reporting, and SLA reporting.
Microsoft Exchange Monitoring that Boosts Efficiency and Reliability
By deploying CA Nimsoft Monitor, your organization can realize these objectives:
- Track mailbox sizes to understand usage and more effectively plan capacity.
- Reduce time spent on reactive password management.
- Enhance reliability and speed backup and recovery by reducing server storage requirements.
Comprehensive Microsoft Exchange Monitoring Coverage
CA Nimsoft Monitor tracks these Exchange metrics:
- VM Total 16MB Free Blocks
- VM Total Large Free Block Megabytes
- Average Disk Bytes per Transfer
- Average Disk Queue Length
- Average Disk Read Queue Length
- Average Disk Seconds per Read
- Average Disk Seconds per Write
- Average Disk Write Queue Length
- Percent Disk Time
- Folder Opens per Second – Mailboxes
- Folder Opens per Second – MBX
- Folder Opens per Second – PF
- Folder Opens per Second – Public Folders
- Message Opens per Second – Mailboxes
- Message Opens per Second – MBX
- Message Opens per Second – PF
- Message Opens per Second – Public Folders
- Receive Queue Size – Mailboxes
- Receive Queue Size – MBX
- Receive Queue Size – PF
- Receive Queue Size – Public Folders
- Send Queue Size – MBX
- Send Queue Size – PF
- Send Queue Size – Public Folders
- User Count
- Available Megabytes
- Page Faults per Second
- Pages per Second
- Paging File Usage
- Pool Nonpaged Megabytes
- Virtual Megabytes used by Information Store
- VM Largest Block Size – Information Store
- Average Queue Time
- Connection Queue Length
- Messages per Second
- Work Queue Length
- Current Bandwidth
- Errors per Second
- Kilobytes Received per Second
- Kilobytes Sent per Second
- Kilobytes Total per Second
- Kilobytes Total per Second – Redirector
- Elapsed Time – emsmta
- Elapsed Time – mad
- Elapsed Time – store
- Processor Time
- Processor Time – emsmta
- Processor Time – inetinfo
- Processor Time – lsass
- Processor Time – mad
- Processor Time – store
- Processor Time – System
- Local Queue Length
- Messages Delivered per Second
- Messages Received per Second
- Remote Queue Length
Optional Advanced Microsoft Exchange Reporting
With the CA Nimsoft Unified Reporter, you can access the following reports:
- Database Storage Overview: Provides statistics on number of mailboxes, folders, size, and whitespace
- Delegates: Provides a list of users that have delegates.
- Disabled Mailboxes: Provides a list of mailbox accounts that have been disabled. Includes the number of items, mailbox size and deleted size.
- Empty Public Folders: Provides a list of public folders that are empty.
- Expired Mailboxes: Provides a list of mailbox accounts that have been expired.
- Folders by last modified: Lists public folders, sorted by modified date.
- Folders by size: Lists public folders, sorted by size.
- Mailbox Sizes: Provides a list of user mailbox accounts, including mailbox size, % usage and mailbox quota.
- Orphaned Mailboxes: Lists mailbox accounts that have been orphaned.
- Password Expiration: Lists all mailboxes that have the “Expire password” flag set to true. Includes the date the password was last set, the number of days left until the password requires and if the password must change.
- Password Never Set: Lists all mailboxes that have “Expire password” flag set to true, but no password was set. Includes the mailbox ID, the date the password was last set and if the password must change.
- Public Folders by owner: Lists users that have ownership permission on one or more public folders.
- Top 20 External Receivers: An overview of the top 20 external receivers. Includes the sent count, sent size, received count and received size.
- Top 20 External Senders: An overview of the top 20 external senders. Includes the sent count, sent size, received count and received size.
- Top 20 Receiver by Count: Provides inbound received count (IRC), inbound received size (IRS), outbound received count (ORC) and Outbound Received Size (ORS).
- Top 20 Receiver by Size: Provides inbound received count (IRC), inbound received size (IRS), outbound received count (ORC) and Outbound Received Size (ORS).
- Top 20 Receiver from external: Provides outbound sent count (OSC), outbound sent size (OSS), outbound received count (ORC) and Outbound Received Size (ORS).
- Top 20 Senders by Count: Provides inbound sent count (ISC), inbound sent size (ISS), outbound sent count (OSC) and Outbound Sent Size (OSS).
- Top 20 Senders by Size: Provides inbound sent count (ISC), inbound sent size (ISS), outbound sent count (ORC) and Outbound Sent Size (OSS).
- Top 20 Senders to External: Provides outbound sent count (OSC), outbound sent size (OSS), outbound sent count (OSC) and Outbound Sent Size (OSS).
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance
“We initially selected CA Nimsoft because of its robust and easy-to-deploy support of our VMware infrastructure. As we consider new applications and services in SaaS and cloud environments, it’s great to know that we can make these choices without requiring any new investment in monitoring products.”
– Dave Potter
Director of IT Infrastructure at Casual Male