Application > Microsoft Active Directory
Microsoft Active Directory
While most end users are not aware of Active Directory—they are most definitely aware of the effects when Active Directory performance falters. When Microsoft Active Directory goes awry—customer facing applications go with it—including Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and more. The inability to send email or log in to SharePoint could be an issue within Active Directory—and not with the applications themselves.
CA Nimsoft Monitor for Microsoft Active Directory offers an effective way to monitor and proactively manage the performance of Active Directory—and all of the external applications that rely on it.
CA Nimsoft Monitor for Microsoft Active Directory takes the guesswork out of determining whether or not application issues are related to an unhealthy Active Directory environment. By monitoring Active Directory related services, response times, custom queries, and key backend performance indicators, your Windows administrator can determine where they should be focusing their efforts to restore application performance.
By tracking and plotting trend reports, CA Nimsoft Monitor provides you with the insights you need to proactively address poor performance and avoid outages.
Consolidated, Extensive Microsoft Active Directory Monitoring Views
CA Nimsoft Monitor equips your team with these vital capabilities:
- Consolidates all important Active Directory Events into a single repository.
- Performs Active Directory replication monitoring.
- Performs Active Directory Server availability and response time monitoring.
- Allows for Active Directory query response time testing.
- Performs Microsoft Active Directory service health checks to prevent outage and degradation conditions.
- Web-based real-time alarms, performance trend reporting, and SLA reporting.
Microsoft Active Directory Monitoring that Delivers Operational Benefits
With CA Nimsoft Monitor, your organization can realize the following benefits:
- Save time and reduce costly errors with automated AD Event Log monitoring instead of manually checking all of your AD servers.
- Receive advanced warning of end user application issues—and prevent them.
Extensive Microsoft Active Directory Monitoring Coverage
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers coverage of the following areas:
- Active Directory Event Log monitoring (DNS Server events, Directory Service and File Replication Service)
- Active Directory Connect Response Time
- Active Directory Replication Age
- Active Directory Search Objects
- Active Directory Search Response Time
- % Privileged Time
- % Processor Time
- % User Time
- IO Data Bytes/sec
- IO Data Operations/sec
- IO Other Bytes/sec
- IO Read Bytes/sec
- IO Write Bytes/sec
- Page Faults/sec
- Virtual Bytes
- Working Set
- HTTP Response Time
- HTTP Response Value
- CPU Load
- Busy Workers
- Idle Workers
- Total Bytes
- Total Accesses
- Server Version
- Waiting For Connection Count
- Starting Up Count
- Sending Reply Count
- Reading Request Count
- Open Slot No Current Process Count
- Logging Count
- Keepalive Count
- Idle Cleanup Of Worker Count
- Gracefully Finishing Count
- DNS Lookup Count
- Closing Connection Count
- Waiting For Connection Pct
- Starting Up Pct
- Sending Reply Pct
- Reading Request Pct
- Open Slot No Current Process Pct
- Logging Pct
- Keepalive Pct
- Idle Cleanup Of Worker Pct
- Gracefully Finishing Pct
- DNS Lookup Pct
- Closing Connection Pct
- Platform Support
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2000
- Windows 2003
- Solaris 9 and 10
- Linux 2.3 and above
- Apache 1.3.x and 2.x
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to CA Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance
“As an MSP we are excited with the current features and future direction of CA Nimsoft Monitor. The portal look and feel will help us provide an enhanced overall solution to better serve our emerging enterprise client needs.”
– David DeGenova
Managed Services Product Manager at Atrion Networking Corp.