Application > Citrix XenApp
Many enterprises rely on Citrix XenApp 24×7 to efficiently deliver applications to a broad range of users and device types. As a result, the performance of XenApp is a vital for ensuring optimal worker productivity and business results. CA Nimsoft Monitor for Citrix helps your administrators ensure Citrix XenApp performs reliably—and make sure they’re notified immediately if it’s not.
Get Visibility into the End User Experience
CA Nimsoft Monitor gauges the availability and performance of Citrix applications from the end user’s perspective—providing your team with a definitive picture of how Citrix XenApp is really performing. CA Nimsoft Monitor acts as a virtual user, exercising published applications and providing preemptive service level monitoring. With the solution, it’s easy to remotely execute and measure the time required to open a Citrix ICA session, login to an application, and conduct any transaction.
Robust Citrix XenApp Monitoring Capabilities, Intuitive Insights
CA Nimsoft Monitor provides comprehensive capabilities for Citrix environments:
- Multi-point end-user experience monitoring.
CA Nimsoft Monitor can do end-user experience monitoring across multiple locations and it can be used to monitor multiple applications. With the solution’s efficient, distributed architecture, you can proactively view end-user service levels from strategic locations across widespread Citrix deployments.
- Comprehensive infrastructure monitoring.
CA Nimsoft Monitor can track individual Citrix infrastructure components—including presentation servers, network devices, bandwidth utilization, terminal sessions, and more—and leverage this information to present a unified, end-to-end view of services.
To ensure you get the scalability you need, CA Nimsoft Monitor can run multiple monitoring profiles concurrently, and a single data collection probe can support multiple monitoring profiles.
- Tight Citrix integration.
Through its support for Citrix .ica files, CA Nimsoft Monitor enables you to extend its functionality within Citrix environments, for example employing encryption and compression to secure and optimize data transport.
The Power of Extensive Citrix XenApp Monitoring Visibility
By deploying CA Nimsoft Monitor, your business can enjoy these benefits:
- Increased visibility accelerates problem identification and resolution.
- Monitoring from an end-users perspective preempts reduced business productivity.
- Proactively notifies business service managers in advance of SLA compliance breaches.
Extensive Citrix XenApp Monitoring
CA Nimsoft Monitor for Citrix provides a comprehensive view of Citrix environments, delivering these detailed metrics:
- ICA connect time
- ICA session login time
- Published application launch time
- Recorded application run time
- ICA session logoff time
- ICA session total time
- ICA ping time
CA Nimsoft Monitor: System Requirements
The system hosting CA Nimsoft Monitor requires the following configuration:
- Microsoft .NET 2.0
- Citrix Access Client
- Access to a remote Citrix XenApp Server
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to CA Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance
“We initially selected CA Nimsoft because of its robust and easy-to-deploy support of our VMware infrastructure. As we consider new applications and services in SaaS and cloud environments, it’s great to know that we can make these choices without requiring any new investment in monitoring products.”
– Dave Potter
Director of IT Infrastructure at Casual Male