Public Status Page
With CA Nimsoft Cloud Monitor (formerly WatchMouse), it is easy to provide your customers and end users with a public status page—an on demand portal that provides the real-time status of the performance and availability of your Web properties.
In addition to current monitoring data, you can use your public status page to post announcements, annotate current issues, and optionally set up a special host name (CNAME) so people can access the status page using your domain name, for example status.yourdomain.com. With CA Nimsoft Cloud Monitor, you get an easy to control channel through which you can transparently inform visitors about the status of your sites and Web services.
Sample Public Status Pages
Many major organizations use CA Nimsoft Cloud Monitor to provide public status pages for the customers. Following are just a few examples:
- The Twitter API status on dev.twitter.com/status. See some sample screenshots below.
- The Wikimedia Foundation status page listing Wikipedia and other sites
- The Mozilla dashboard that includes the @mozservices twitter feed
- The The CA Nimsoft Cloud Monitor Status Page and our Monitoring stations status.
- Public API status page.
Public status pages from CA Nimsoft Cloud Monitor provide a host of features:
- Simple set-up and administration. Any sites and services that are monitored by CA Nimsoft Cloud Monitor can be displayed in a public status page. Public status pages are automatically updated, populated with current performance status gather from CA Nimsoft Cloud Monitor.
- Customizable appearance. You can adapt the appearance of your public status page, including posting graphics, making HTML modifications and leveraging your cascading style sheets (CSS).
- Flexible updates. Whenever your organization experiences a performance or availability issue, you can annotate it on the public status page to provide customers with additional information (for example, “Our technicians are working on a solution. We expect the service to be back to normal by 6:00 PM GMT.”) Announcements can also be added through an RSS feed.
- High availability. All CA Nimsoft Cloud Monitor Public Status Pages are hosted on Amazon Web Services’ cloud infrastructure, so they are available—even if your site or service is not.