Server > Cisco UCS
Automated Component Discovery and Monitoring
CA Nimsoft Monitor for Cisco UCS automatically discovers components, querying the Cisco UCS Manager to detail the physical configuration of the UCS chassis, including blades, network adapters, fabric interconnects, disks, and fabric extenders. In addition, when the Cisco UCS manager is securely connected to VMware vCenter using vCenter extension files, CA Nimsoft Monitor for Cisco UCS can automatically discover the virtual environment within the Cisco UCS chassis. Once physical and virtual resources have been discovered, CA Nimsoft can automatically configure, deploy, and display monitoring data based on user-defined templates.
CA Nimsoft Monitor’s modern IT approach matches the cutting edge capabilities of the Cisco UCS environment—a comprehensive and sophisticated, solution that includes:
- A comprehensive view into the environmental status and historical operation of physical elements, including fans and fan modules, power supply units, fabric interconnects, and IO modules; as well as basic environmental monitoring of blade interfaces, processors, and memory arrays.
- Real-time views of the VMware virtual environments within the Cisco UCS—ESX host and VM guest availability—views that automatically associate hosts with guest instances.
- Pre-configured alarm and alert settings, quality of service settings, dashboards, and more.
- Proactively prevent outages. By using CA Nimsoft Monitor to forecast trends, identify potential issues, and take steps to prevent them—before they affect users.
When you combine Cisco UCS monitoring with additional elements of the CA Nimsoft Monitor solution, you can also:
- Ensure optimal service levels for applications hosted within the Cisco UCS environment with a complete view of underlying infrastructure and application performance.
- Streamline monitoring administration with a single view and tool set.
- Better track and demonstrate the business value delivered from the Cisco UCS environment with usage metering.
- Speed troubleshooting by quickly identifying the source of an issue, no matter where in the infrastructure it resides, to minimize outages and outage duration. With dashboards, automatically generated list views, and automatically applied monitoring templates.
- Use the granular, correlated views needed to ensure complex, mission critical business services deliver the performance and availability required.
- Supports Cisco C-series and 5100 series chassis.
- Automatically discovers physical and virtual elements.
- Automatically configures and deploys monitoring based on flexible templates.
- Automatically displays timely, accurate monitoring data.
- Automatically adjusts monitoring to physical changes and when combined with CA Nimsoft Monitor for VMware – virtual environment changes.
- Templates for chassis elements, blades, fabric interconnects, VMs, and more.
- Integrate Cisco UCS monitoring with your data center tools and wider environment using CA Nimsoft APIs and built in gateways.
- Eliminates the overhead and expense of manual monitoring configuration and deployment for UCS chassis components.
- Improved SLA compliance—with predictive monitoring and real time, well correlated alerts prevent downtime and reduce outage duration.
- Streamline monitoring administration.
CA Nimsoft for Cisco UCS collects a variety of metrics by physical component. Physical component metrics include status, presence, performance status, power levels, temperatures, fan speeds, voltage, power usage, and more.
Metrics collected from the Cisco UCS manager include details for:
- Chassis fan module
- Chassis fans
- Power supply units
- IO modules
- Blade servers
- Blade server adaptor units
- Blade server memory arrays
- Blade server processors
- Rack-mount fabric extenders
- Fabric interconnect fans
- Fabric interconnect power supplies
- Fabric interconnect IO modules and ethernet ports
- Fabric interconnect IO module fibre channel ports
- Fabric interconnect local storage and dynamic counters
- Storage Controllers and Disk/Lun/Raid batteries
SaaS and On-Premises Deployment Options
- Complete Service Desk and Monitoring functionality
- No upfront management hardware costs; Accelerated ROI
- Reduced training and management overhead
- SLA based availability
- Access to CA Nimsoft operational expertise
- Control and customize the CA Nimsoft management server; Easily resell
- Control the physical location of data for policy, security or compliance reasons
- Support remote sites with poor Internet performance